The Official Online Newspaper for Louisburg High School

The Purple and White Pawprint

Pasadena Band Trip: Cost Analysis

Rose+Bowl+Stadium%2C+Pasadena%2C+California.+
Rose Bowl Stadium, Pasadena, California.

AJ Rundberg, Staff Writer

Let me give you a figure: 1,750. Now let me give you some word associations: clams, big ones, bucks, shomoligans (I may have made the last one up). No matter how you say it, the number stays the same, and 1,750 dollars is the cost per band student going on the Rose Bowl parade trip in Pasadena, California next year.

“We (the band) have to raise 1,750 dollars for each student to make the trip to California“ said Alexandra Rundberg.

At the Electric Band Light Show in October, high school band director John Cisetti and a small handful of others surprised the community and band members with a video announcing their selection to perform in the Rose Bowl parade, a prestigious honor and a first ever selection in many prior attempts. However, the selection was merely one obstacle, the price tag to go and the expectations are now the hurdle to overcome.

Christi Long, band mother and LHS alumni said “The Louisburg Marching Band has always been a force of pure professionalism and passion”

Consistently scoring 1’s and creating a general sense of pride in the community, the Louisburg High School Marching Band is known among the local band competitions as one of the greatest bands around. The LHS marching band has had the fortune to be included in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York and The Kansas City Saint Patrick’s Day Parade. Now the band has been selected after submitting their audition video to the 2018 Rose Bowl Parade in Pasadena California. The Rose Bowl Parade is an honor for any band to be accepted into and will feature 20 bands from around the country. The students are honored to have been accepted.

“It feels spectacular to be going to the 2018 Rose Bowl. It changed my life,” said Scott Murphy, junior.

The Wildcat Marching Band will be marching a 5½ mile Parade Route, which is much farther than the local parades in their hometown of Louisburg. According to Cisetti, the LHS marching band will be participating in the Kansas City Saint Patrick’s Day Parade in order to build up endurance for the long march ahead. Mr. C has also encouraged the band students to walk wherever possible, suggesting to park at far ends of parking lots and even walk places over driving.

“All the walking to build up for the Rose Bowl [Parade] is pretty exhausting, but I know it will be worth it,” said Sinell Ellifrits, freshman.  

Cisseti has also instituted a Trip Scholarship Fund to ensure that even students with little to no funds to spare will be able to attend. The price tag is high, but the band believes that their hard work will not be in vain.

“I think fundraising will definitely be worth it,” exclaimed Lillian McDaniel, freshman.

While in California, the band will also be going to hot spots in the area. The Wildcat Marching band has been invited to perform at Disneyland and will be granted admission to the park. The band will also be visiting Santa Monica Pier and Hollywood. In addition, students will be granted access to explore the surrounding areas when accompanied by adults.

Andi Long said ”this trip will be a lot of fun for the band, i’m excited for the opportunities we have to visit and perform in California”

• Pasadena Band Trip: Cost Analysis

Top Stories

REMs Reps or Peeps

• Pasadena Band Trip: Cost Analysis

Top Stories

LHS Greenhouse Addition

• Pasadena Band Trip: Cost Analysis

Top Stories

Debate Begins Season With Success

• Top Stories

The Great American Eclipse

• Pasadena Band Trip: Cost Analysis

Top Stories

Mary Quinn Approaches State Teacher of the Year

• Pasadena Band Trip: Cost Analysis

News

Another Successful State Competition for Louisburg FFA

• Pasadena Band Trip: Cost Analysis

Top Stories

LHS TSA Heads To Nationals

• Pasadena Band Trip: Cost Analysis

News

LHS Staffing Changes

• Pasadena Band Trip: Cost Analysis

News

StuCo Elections 2017

• Pasadena Band Trip: Cost Analysis

Boys Basketball

LHS Varsity Boys Make it to State

Pasadena Band Trip: Cost Analysis