Winter Wishes: A New Way To Celebrate

Faithanne Burgoon, Staff Writer

“I’m very excited about my new chair. It was the sweetest, most thoughtful thing for someone to wish for me. I’m very thankful for Dr. Thomasson for granting me this wish,” Siefken said.”

Student Council implemented a new idea this holiday season to spread cheer: Winter wishes.

Starting December 1 and going until Christmas break, Student Council has granted winter wishes submitted by students through a Google form.

“We sent out the email, and then once some of them started to get granted, people seemed to talk about it more,” StuCo President Kai Tinich said.

This year, at StuCo camp, Student Council got the idea for the winter wishes activity. They sent a survey via email to all students who could then wish something for someone else or themselves for the holiday season. LHS principal Dr. Tammy Thomasson then decided what wishes would be granted. The wishes were granted to four people a week throughout the month of December.

“It was an amazing feeling, getting my wish granted.” junior, Karson Griggs said.

Everything bought for the wishes, such as a Sonic drink, candy bar, or, in Spanish teacher Kathryn Siefken’s case, a new chair, was paid for through the StuCo account.

“I’m very excited about my new chair. It was the sweetest, most thoughtful thing for someone to wish for me. I’m very thankful for Dr. Thomasson for granting me this wish,” Siefken said.

Interest grew fervent as students watched and wondered why people were being delivered drinks with anonymous notes, some of them even on the receiving end..

Winter wishes will continue to be granted until Christmas Break, maybe even yours!